1. Thank you for your interest in the DMS Rugby World Cup Showdown” (“the Competition”). This Competition is offered to you by DStv Media Sales (”DMS”). For more information on DMS, please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of these terms and conditions.
2. By entering the Competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. This Competition is only open to entrants who comply with all of the requirements as set out in clauses (7.a – 7.i) in these terms and conditions.
4. Entrants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered and will be automatically disqualified from participating in the Competition.
5. DMS reserves the right to disqualify or reject any entry believed to conflict with these terms and conditions.
6. The competition is open for entry between September 14th and October 9th 2023 with a different game going live and made available for play every week for a specified period
7. To enter the Competition an entrant must complete the registration process:
a) Participants will need to register and create a profile on the competition microsite: www.dmsrugbyshowdown.co.za
b) When registering, participants must register with their agency allocated e-mail address and will need to indicate the agency name that they will be representing which is the agency they are employed by.
c) Each participant will be randomly allocated a rugby team to get behind and support throughout the competition.
d) Each participant will be allocated points depending on their overall performance of the weekly game released. Four games in total will be released over the competition period.
e) The highest score reached by the participant on the specific weekly game, will be the final score allocated to the participant for that game. The points will be
allocated to the participant at the close of the week’s game. f) All participant weekly game scores will be tracked on a leaderboard – which will be updated weekly – once the game for the week has been closed.
g) At the end of competition, the participant with the highest score on the leaderboard will win the Grand Prize for themselves & their agency.
h) Quizzes shall be introduced weekly over a period of 4 (four) weeks, where a participant can stand a chance to win spot prize(s). The winner of the spot
prize(s) shall be selected via an audited random draw from the pool of correct entries received.
i) Participants must be 18 (eighteen) years old or older at the time of entry to participate.
8. The competition requires a participant to be an active DMS client.
9. For the purposes of engaging and tagging #DMSRUGBYSHOWDOWN on social media, please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of these terms and
conditions for the DMS social handles.
10. This weekly competition is open for entry between September 14th and October 9th 2023, with a different game going live and the game being made available for play every week for a specified period.
11. Total number of games available during the competition period will be 4 (four) different games.
12. Each game week opens with a notification via email to registered users and clients on the DMS database who have opted to receive communication from DMS. Participants can also follow the DMS social profiles to keep up to date on new game releases and weekly winners. Please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of these terms and conditions for the DMS social handles.
13. Weekly Spot prizes:
a) Weekly spot prizes shall vary between weeks.
b) Each week, the weekly spot prize winner(s) will be selected via an audited draw and will be notified via e-mail and published on DMS social media pages.
c) The winners of the weekly spot prizes will be notified by email within 72 (seventy-two) hours of the quiz closing and thereafter contacted by an agent of DMS, if applicable on the logistics to receive their prize.
d) The winners of the weekly spot prizes will receive their Prizes within 30 (thirty) days after being notified as having won their prize.
14. Grand Prize:
a) The Grand prize experience shall include an exclusive visit to the winning agency by a Springbok legend for a meet & greet including photo moments.
b) The Grand prize shall cater food and soft drinks to a maximum of 100 staff for the winning agency.
c) No external parties of the winning agency may participate in the prize experience.
d) The winning agency shall supply a guestlist prior to event for vetting of guests as direct staff of the agency.
e) The Grand prize experience event shall take place on Friday, 27th of October 2023 at the winning agency’s premises.
f) The Grand prize shall be announced by on or before Thursday, 12th of October 2023.
g) DMS and/or it’s agent shall contact the winner and plan necessary logistics & arrangements for the fulfilment of the grand prize experience.
15. In the event that DMS and/or its agents cannot contact the grand prize winner and the weekly spot prize winner within 72 (seventy two) hours of the first notification of their win via e-mail or telephone, for any reason whatsoever, including incorrect and/or inoperative e-mail addresses, then such winner will be disqualified and a runner up finalist will be deemed to be the potential spot prize winner, subject to the terms and conditions herein.
16. DMS and/or it’s agent will make 5 (five) attempts via e-mail during office hours to contact and notify the selected winner within 72 (seventy two) hours post the first winner notification of their win . If the selected winner cannot be contacted personally after 5 (five) attempts, the winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying participants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted in terms of the competition rules.
17. The competition requires weekly engagement promoting the Rugby World Cup 2023 amongst active DMS clients.
18. Participants will receive weekly mailers with information shared on how to participate weekly, including rules of engagement for the weeks game.
19. The grand prize and weekly spot prizes are not transferrable to any other person or exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
20. This Competition is governed by the laws of South Africa.
21. Except to the fullest extent permitted by relevant laws, DMS shall not be liable for:
a) loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings, (even where the same arise directly from a breach of these conditions);
b) special, direct, indirect or consequential losses, even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of DMS; or
c) any claim made against participants by any other person.
d) Except as expressly stated herein all conditions and warranties, implied statutory or otherwise, are hereby excluded to the maximum extent
permitted by law.
22. Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the DMS Rugby World Cup Showdown Competition microsite and social media pages, and the information posted on the official DMS website and social medial pages (“Information”) is owned by DMS. DMS’s rights include but are not limited to, all patents, copyrights, rights to the trade names, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks and logos of DMS and of the DMS Rugby World Cup Showdown Competition .
23. Contact us: For any remarks or queries in relation to the Competition, please send an email to email@example.com
Social Media Handles:
Twitter : dstv_mediasales
LinkedIn: DStv Media Sales
Your local DStv Media Sales agent is always ready and happy to help. Find your country specific representative by following the link below.